This program offers a sequence of courses that provides coherent and rigorous content aligned with challenging academic standards and relevant technical knowledge and skills needed to prepare for further education and careers in the Information Technology career cluster; provides technical skill proficiency, and includes competency-based applied learning that contributes to the academic knowledge, higher-order reasoning and problem-solving skills, work attitudes, general employability skills, technical skills, and occupation-specific skills, and knowledge of all aspects of the Information Technology career cluster.
The content includes but is not limited to the fundamentals of programming and software development; procedural and object-oriented programming; creating web-based applications, including testing, monitoring, debugging, documenting, and maintaining applications.
The following table illustrates the program structure:
Information Technology Assistant
Computer Programmer Assistant
1,050 hours – Approximately 10 months
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
What You’ll Learn
- Microsoft Office
- Programming Logic & Design
- Web Technology job roles
- Web page development skills
- Fundamentals of networking
- Universal Windows App development
- Advanced HTML5 and CSS3
- Designing user interfaces UX & UI
- Social Media
- Data Analyst
- Database Design
- Web Design
- User authentication
- Session management
- Employability skills
Career Ready Skills
- Act as a responsible and contributing citizen and employee.
- Apply appropriate academic and technical skills.
- Attend to personal health and financial well-being.
- Communicate clearly, effectively and with reason.
- Consider the environmental, social and economic impacts of decisions.
- Demonstrate creativity and innovation.
- Employ valid and reliable research strategies.
- Utilize critical thinking to make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Model integrity, ethical leadership and effective management.
- Plan education and career path aligned to personal goals.
- Use technology to enhance productivity.
- Work productively in teams while using cultural/global competence.
- Advanced HTML5 and CSS3 Specialist
- Web Development Professional
- Perl Specialist
- Database Design Specialist
- Plus Other certifications are available depending on your interests
- Client Real Word Project
Students who complete this course can expect to earn a starting salary of $16+ per hour in the following industries (Actual wages vary according to education, experience, and certifications.)
- Web/mobile app development team in a corporate environment
- Self-employed Web/mobile app developer
According to O’Net Online, jobs for web developers are expected to grow 37% in Florida between 2014 – 2024.
Steps to Enroll
- Attend a Virtual Information Session
- Take the T.A.B.E. test, if applicable
- Obtain official transcripts, if applicable (high school, GED, college, etc.)
- Apply for financial aid (official transcripts required)
- Provide appropriate residency documents
- Complete application packet
- Pay application fee
- Bill Sandifer
- (239) 334-4544 ext. 1104
Program Start Date
Program starts August 10, 2022