Experience the adventure of traveling the globe to troubleshoot, repair, and overhaul high-speed turbines and generators and their components. Utilize advanced diagnostic equipment to align turbine components. Disassemble and assemble high-speed turbines using bolt heaters, slugging wrenches, and Hytorc equipment. Use sensitive precision measuring devices to analyze and adjust components.
The purpose of the Turbine Generator Maintenance, Inspection & Repair program is to prepare students for employment as an entry-level turbine mechanic. Upon successful completion of the program, the student will understand all aspects of the industrial turbine generator equipment maintenance and technology industry.
Program content includes safety, basic elements of physics, basic electricity and electronics, reading plans and drawings, assembly and reassembly of high speed turbines and generators, hydraulic systems, machine-shop operations, pump maintenance, rotor alignment operations, preventative maintenance, and customer service skills.
The following table illustrates the program structure:
Turbine Generator Maintenance Tech I
Turbine Generator Maintenance Tech II
Turbine Generator Maintenance Mechanic
1200 hours. Approximately 11 months.
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
What You’ll Learn
Career Ready Skills
- Act as a responsible and contributing citizen and employee.
- Apply appropriate academic and technical skills.
- Attend to personal health and financial well-being.
- Communicate clearly, effectively and with reason.
- Consider the environmental, social and economic impacts of decisions.
- Demonstrate creativity and innovation.
- Employ valid and reliable research strategies.
- Utilize critical thinking to make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Model integrity, ethical leadership and effective management.
- Plan education and career path aligned to personal goals.
- Use technology to enhance productivity.
- Work productively in teams while using cultural/global competence.
- Health and Safety Institute (HSI) Turbine Maintenance Technician
- Technical Training Professionals (TTP) Certifications
Students who complete this course can expect to earn a starting salary of $21+ per hour in the following industries (Actual wages vary according to education, experience, and certifications.)
- TGM, Inc.
- Granite Services
- Alstom Power
- Reliable Turbine Service
- Tampa Armature Works
- M D & A
- Majestic Machine
- Mitsubishi Power Americas, Inc.
Steps to Enroll
- Attend an Information Session
- Take the CASAS test, if applicable
- Obtain official transcripts, if applicable (high school, GED, college, etc.)
- Apply for financial aid (official transcripts required)
- Provide appropriate residency documents
- Complete application packet
- Pay application fee
- Zachary Wilson
- (239) 334-4544 ext. 563
Turbine Generator Maintenance, Inspection and Repair Master Plan of Instruction 2022-23
Program Start Date
Program starts July 26, 2022