- LIVE Information Sessions are your best option! Please join us on Tuesday mornings at 9:30 am, or Thursday afternoons at 1:00 pm for enrollment information and a brief tour of the campus!
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to check in. You will need a State-issued ID for entrance onto the campus. Arriving late may prohibit your attendance to the day’s session.
- Do you still have questions?
- Please email FMTCAdmissions@leeschools.net and we will be happy to help.
Prepare your Documents
Complete and save the documents listed on your tile ABOVE, and have them digitally available to upload into the application form.
Questions about Residency?
- Determine Florida residency for tuition purposes.
- Residency Requirements
- Are you under 24 years of age? PLEASE watch the video to make sure you are submitting the correct documentation. Here’s a video that will help.
- A picture of the Student’s Driver’s License or State ID card (if you are under 24 and using a parent’s residency documents)
- Pursuant to Section 1009.21(12), F.S., students denied the classification of Florida resident for tuition purposes have the right of appeal. Appeals must be in writing to the Residency Appeals Committee, care of the Student Services Office. Appeals should be made as soon as possible after receipt of the initial decision and prior to payment of the first semester’s tuition. All appeals will be reviewed by the Residency Appeals Committee, and the Committee’s decisions are final. Students classified as a non-resident for tuition purposes can reapply for residency consideration at the beginning of any term of enrollment.
You will also need to mail or have e-mailed an official copy of your High School Transcripts to FMTCAdmissions@leeschools.net.
If you have college transcripts (especially if you are using your awarded Associates Degree or higher to exempt from Basic Skills testing) they will also need to be sent to FMTCAdmissions@leeschools.net.
Basic Skills Mastery
- Students must demonstrate Basic Skills Mastery. We administer the CASAS for students who cannot provide other documentation of Basic Skills. Acceptable forms of documentation to exempt from testing are:
- An official college transcript showing an Associate’s Degree or higher
- An official High School transcript from a Florida Public High School showing a standard diploma earned after 2007
- A Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) score report showing a Reading Score of at least 24, a Writing and Language Score of at least 25, and a Math Score of at least 24 dated within two years of program enrollment
- An American College Testing (ACT) score report showing Reading score of at least 19, English at or above 17 and Math at or above 19 dated within two years of program enrollment.
- An official 2014 GED transcript showing passing scores.
- A Next Generation ACCUPLACER score report showing Reading and Writing scores of at least 245 and Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, and Statistics (QAS) score of at least 242 dated within two years of program enrollment.
- The CASAS is administered on campus for a fee of $30. Students who do not demonstrate at least a level 6 in Communications (Reading/Writing) and/or Math on the CASAS exam will be referred to the Adult Basic Education program at the school district. Registration for the CASAS.
- To Submit Official Transcripts Request all high school/GED and college transcripts to be sent to FMTC Admissions, 3800 Michigan Avenue, Fort Myers, FL 33916. Transcripts may also be delivered in person if they are in a sealed envelope or emailed directly from the school to FMTCAdmissions@leeschools.net. If you do not have a high school diploma or GED, you may still be eligible to enroll in some programs at FMTC. Please talk with an admissions specialist.
5. Apply for Financial Aid
- Please complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid . The application for the 2022/23 school year is available and will be used for Fall 2022 enrollment. The School Code for Fort Myers Technical College is 007558.
- Your application will be available for review by our Financial Aid Department 3-5 business days after submission. Please contact them at FMTCFinancialAid@leeschools.net to initiate a review of your eligibility.
If you are in one of the student categories below, your steps will be different.
International Students – If you are not a US citizen, you will need to bring your INS documents to a counselor before applying for admission.
High School Students – All high school students must apply through their school counselor or career specialist.