Purpose of the ParaPro Assessment
Federal legislation Known as No Child Left Behind requires that beginning January 8, 2002, paraprofessionals are required to have one of the following:
- An Associate of Arts degree
- A minimum of 48 semester hours of college credit
- Demonstrated, through a state or local academic assessment, knowledge of, and the ability to assist in the instruction of reading, writing, and math.
About the ParaPro Assessment
The ParaPro Assessment measures skills and knowledge in reading, mathematics, and writing, as well as the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to assist in classroom instruction.
- The test consists of 90 multiple-choice questions.
- Visit www.ets.org/parapro for test prep materials.
- The test takes approximately 2.5 hours.
- Cost of the test is $75 (non-refundable).
- Testing by prepaid reservation only.
- Bring a photo ID and know your social security number.
- Please plan to arrive 10 minutes before test time. Tests start promptly at 8:30 a.m.
- Calculators, cell phones and all other electronic devices are not allowed in the testing room.
- Only bottled water is permitted.
- The School District of Lee County’s dress code policy is enforced – no shorts or tank tops.
- Test-takers should arrive unaccompanied to the test site as there is no place for friends or family to wait.
Testing at Fort Myers Technical College
September 22, 2022
October 6, 2022
October 20, 2022
November 3, 2022
November 17, 2022
December 1, 2022
December 15, 2022