Administrative Office Specialist
Prosper in an office environment using advanced software applications and processes used by business professionals everywhere. Experience and manage daily office responsibilities and projects while interacting with the public as an office manager. Design and create dynamic promotional materials which will be showcased in a professional portfolio. This program prepares students to earn certifications in Microsoft Office programs.
The Administrative Office Specialist program is designed to prepare students for employment as an information technology assistant, front desk specialist, assistant digital production designer, and administrative assistant.
This program offers a broad foundation of knowledge and skills expanding the traditional role of the administrative office specialist. The content includes the use of technology to develop communications skills, higher-level thinking skills, and decision-making skills; the performance of office procedures tasks; the production of quality work in an efficient manner using advanced features of business software applications; research of job opportunities; and the production of high quality employment portfolios and job-seeking documents.
Propser in an office environment using advanced software applications and processes used by business professionals everywhere. Experience and manage daily office responsibilities and projects while interacting with the public as an office manager. Design and create dynamic promotional materials which will be showcased in a professional portfolio.
This program focuses on broad, transferable skills and stresses understanding and demonstration of the following elements of the business supervision industry: planning; management; finance; technical and production skills; underlying principles of technology; labor, community, health, safety, and environmental issues; and employment laws.
The following table illustrates the program structure:
|Course #||OCP||Course Name||Hours|
|OTA0040||A||Information Technology Assistant||150|
|OTA0041||B||Front Desk Specialist||300|
|OTA0030||C||Assistant Digital Production Designer||150|
|OTA0043||D||Administrative Office Specialist||450|
Program starts August 10, 2018 (enrollment opens February 21, 2018)
Approximately 10 months
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Administrative Office Specialist Fee Sheet
The mission of the program is to prepare students for productive business careers in a global economy. This mission will be achieved by providing students with a solid foundation in basic skills, thinking skills, and personal qualities.
- Filling of records and reports
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access
- Digital desktop Publishing
- Machine transcription
- Presentation software
- Telephone skills
- Various office/clerical duties
- Customer service skills
- Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook
- Publisher – desktop publishing software
- LearnKey Online Expert
- PowerPoint presentation
- SmartBoard presentation
- Prezi presentation
- Creation of electronic portfolios
- Creation of company brochures, business cards, letterhead
- State of Florida - Department of Agriculture
- Cushman & Wakefield Commercial Property
- J.C. Penney Optical
- Lee County Corrections
- Lexus of Fort Myers
- Symmetric Revenue Solutions
- Custom Brokers
- Fort Myers Bartending School
- Baker’s Insurance
- LCEC – Lee County Electric Cooperative
- Real estate
- Insurance companies
- Educational institutions
According to O'Net Online, jobs for secretaries and administrative assistants are expected to grow between 8% - 14% between 2012 - 2022.
Steps to Enroll
- Attend an Information Session (Tuesday at 9:30 a.m. and Thursday at 1:00 p.m. [when school is in session])
- Meet with an admissions specialist
- Take the TABE test, if applicable
- Obtain official transcripts, if applicable (high school, GED, college, etc.)
- Apply for financial aid (official transcripts required)
- Provide appropriate residency documents
- Complete application packet
- Pay application fee
- Jesslyn Woolsey
- (239) 334-4544 ext. 1004