Fire Fighter/Emergency Medical Technician - Combined
This combined program prepares students to become a state certified fire fighter AND a certified EMT. Graduates will obtain certifications from the Bureau of Fire Standards and Training as well as the Department of Health. Once completed, the graduate will be eligible for employment at most agencies in the State of Florida.
The following table illustrates the program structure:
|Course #||OCP||Course Name||Hours|
|FFP0010||A||Fire Fighter I||206|
|FFP0020||A||Fire Fighter II||192|
|EMS0110||A||Emergency Medical Technician||300|
|Total Program Hours||698|
|Practice & Written Exam & Review||40|
For more information, please visit Southwest Florida Public Service Academy's website.
698 hours + 40 hours Practical & Written Exams & Review
Fire Fighter/Emergency Medical Technican-Combined Fee Sheet
The mission of the Fort Myers Fire Academy is:
* To offer the highest quality vocational and technical Firefighting programs
* To train highly competent recruits
* To assist our graduates with employment in the fire service
* To enable certified & employed firefighters to upgrade their job skills for career advancement through advanced and specialized training
* To respond to the educational needs of the citizens, communities, and industries in the Academy’s service area
* To develop into the highest quality fire school in the State of Florida through the implementation of continuous improvements.
- Bureau of Fire Standards and Training
- Department of Health
- Jason Martin
- (239) 334-3897